none
Exact rules spelled out of what to do when we come upon a SPAM or plagiarized content RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've checked a few articles on the topic but I don't see the exact rules spelled out as what to do when we come upon a SPAM article in WiKi or when we come upon a plagiarized content as I came today checking new articles.

For SPAM as I understood we need to mark the article with SPAM, candidate for deletion tags and SPAM text with the date and time in the title and SPAM in the body. For plagiarized article I don't know what are the rules.

So, my question is - do we have an article that says exactly what do we need to do in such cases? If not, I'd like to start one (so please let me be the author of such article, if needed), but I want to know the rules.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is the article I know of:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13529.how-to-report-a-technet-wiki-page.aspx

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Thanks, that article needs some work. When it talks about pirated content, it assumes it's your (the reader) content that was pirated. What if it's just MSDN article?

Also, for the SPAM it tells you need to report it using feedback page. I never do that, it would be too much work. I think this portion needs to be clarified too.

Also, the tag doesn't have a link and rules for duplicates and test pages are not explained.

I am going to make changes into that article.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:41 PM
  • I have another unrelated question. I see that Sandro is adding See Also with this text into every BizTalk article

Another important place to find a huge amount of BizTalk related articles is the TechNet Wiki itself. The best entry point is BizTalk Server Resources on the TechNet Wiki.

--------------------

I am not 100% sure this is good from the English grammar point of view and also I'm not 100% sure it improves the article content. Adding this text to a few articles may be OK, but to every single one?

What do you think?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:55 PM
  • The user that created that new article which was a copy from MSDN article created recently several other new articles and got the achievement. I think all his articles need to be checked if they provide original content or also copyrighted content.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 6:47 PM
  • I have another unrelated question. I see that Sandro is adding See Also with this text into every BizTalk article

Another important place to find a huge amount of BizTalk related articles is the TechNet Wiki itself. The best entry point is BizTalk Server Resources on the TechNet Wiki.

--------------------

I am not 100% sure this is good from the English grammar point of view and also I'm not 100% sure it improves the article content. Adding this text to a few articles may be OK, but to every single one?

What do you think?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Yes and No.

I think you're right that the extra text isn't needed, but each BizTalk article should have a See Also section, but ideally it's a bulleted list. The top bullet is a link to the BizTalk Wiki Portal (which is what that article is)... it should be the parent article for all BizTalk articles.

We have an Area of Focus (Richard owns currently) to get more cross-linking like that going.

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:32 PM
    Owner