Ability to show legend with Performance Map ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Has anybody manged to show a legend with Performance map on web standard or proffesional? 

Thanks

Ali

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:31 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the additional information.  I can see what you're saying in that it might sometimes be helpful to have a quick visual reference for what the colors are indicating.  As has been mentioned on this forum in the past, active ProClarity development has currently been ceased, with future integration and features being added to PerformancePoint Server.  I would suggest going through your Microsoft rep to provide feature request feedback for PerformancePoint Server.  You may also use the PerformancePoint forum if you like.

Friday, March 14, 2008 11:39 PM

All replies

• The Performance Map visualization doesn't have a legend in the traditional sense of a chart legend.  The setup pane provides information on what is being shown, what is determining the size indication, and what is determining the color indiation.  You may change the color variations and "directions" (red to green or green to red) in the Performance Map properties.  In the Pro clients, if you hover over a particular member you will get a flyover indicating the values that are determining size and color.

If these things do not provide you with what you need, perhaps you can explain a little more what you're looking to do and we may be able to offer some suggestions.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:54 PM

• Thanks Ben, for the response. I am aware of the options that you suggested. My client like to see what value is red (or green or black) when they look at the performance map withot going to the properties (only in proffesional version btw)

Below is a link to a similar visualization  with a legend.  I hope this make it clear. 

Maybe i can hope for a future relaese functionality..?

http://www.ilog.com/documentation/elixir10/en-US/Content/Visualization/Documentation/Elixir/_pubskel/ps_elixir66.html

Thanks anyway.

Ali

Friday, March 14, 2008 5:04 AM
  • Thank you for the additional information.  I can see what you're saying in that it might sometimes be helpful to have a quick visual reference for what the colors are indicating.  As has been mentioned on this forum in the past, active ProClarity development has currently been ceased, with future integration and features being added to PerformancePoint Server.  I would suggest going through your Microsoft rep to provide feature request feedback for PerformancePoint Server.  You may also use the PerformancePoint forum if you like.

Friday, March 14, 2008 11:39 PM