none
Are Security Groups and Settings migrate After upgrade of project server 2010 to 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello;

I am gonna upgrade Project Server 2010 to 2013. We have some customization on security groups and categories.

I have two questions at this point;

1- Is it possible to change permission mode (from Sharepoint permission mode to project server permission mode) before create pwa instance on Sharepoint 2013? 

2-Are my security groups and categoriy customization also migrates to 2013?

Thanks for your answers

Regards

• Edited by Burak Kural Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:00 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hello, 1: no need, when you upgrade the 2010 databases and attached these to 2013, PWA will still be in the Project Server permission mode. 2: when you say customisation do you mean just configuration or have you created custom permissions in 2010? If it is just customisation via configuration then this will upgrade fine. I would recommend a test upgrade first before going straight to production. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

• Marked as answer by Burak Kural Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hello, 1: no need, when you upgrade the 2010 databases and attached these to 2013, PWA will still be in the Project Server permission mode. 2: when you say customisation do you mean just configuration or have you created custom permissions in 2010? If it is just customisation via configuration then this will upgrade fine. I would recommend a test upgrade first before going straight to production. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

• Marked as answer by Burak Kural Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:15 PM
  • Yes just configruation (2).Thanks for answer Paul.

Regards

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:43 PM