Damaged NSF file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a damaged NSF file and I am not sure what happened to it. The error message says that the file is truncated and may have been damaged. Is there a repair tool available for NSF files? Does Lotus Corp have any free tool to open or correct this file? Thanks!

Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi… The process you go through to try and fix a corrupted NSF file is to run the sequence of fixup, compact and then updall. To do this go to the console and run the following commands: LOAD FIXUP database (Remembering to add -J switch if transactional Logging is on) When this has finished then: LOAD COMPACT database (you may need to add a switch here depending on your system config i.e. -B), and finally: LOAD UPDALL Database (Usually with -r switch). If you find that this does not solve the problem, then try running these commands from a DOS Command line without the Domino Server running - it can sometimes be more thorough. The switches can all be found in the help file.  If this does not help, then try to restore the file using the Lotus Notes Repair Kit tool. http://www.lotusnotes.repair/

Good Luck.

• Edited by KurtLemmens Friday, September 18, 2015 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by JoostSmits1988 Friday, September 18, 2015 12:59 PM
    Friday, September 18, 2015 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi JoostSmits,

I recommend you post this in Lotus forum ,as this is a forum for exchange issue only.

Thanks for understanding!

However, base on my personal knowledge, I know there is a free repair tool for Lotus Notes, you can have a look at it:

Lotus Notes Repair Kit

Lotus Notes fix tool is professional data recovery tool. Lotus Notes Repair Kit helps to repair corrupt NSF file in Lotus Notes.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 18, 2015 2:07 AM
  • Hi… The process you go through to try and fix a corrupted NSF file is to run the sequence of fixup, compact and then updall. To do this go to the console and run the following commands: LOAD FIXUP database (Remembering to add -J switch if transactional Logging is on) When this has finished then: LOAD COMPACT database (you may need to add a switch here depending on your system config i.e. -B), and finally: LOAD UPDALL Database (Usually with -r switch). If you find that this does not solve the problem, then try running these commands from a DOS Command line without the Domino Server running - it can sometimes be more thorough. The switches can all be found in the help file.  If this does not help, then try to restore the file using the Lotus Notes Repair Kit tool. http://www.lotusnotes.repair/

Good Luck.

• Edited by KurtLemmens Friday, September 18, 2015 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by JoostSmits1988 Friday, September 18, 2015 12:59 PM
    Friday, September 18, 2015 12:53 PM
  • Thank you all for the help! this issue had been resolved. Sorry I wrote the wrong places. )
    Friday, September 18, 2015 1:00 PM