none
Windows 7 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an MSDNAA account, and I recently downloaded the Windows 7 86x Pro and have been TRYING to install, I FINALLY got it to a DVD and now it goes through the set up until it gets to the part where it asks to select the Partition where you want to install Windows 7.  NOTHING appears. I have a 1TB harddrive, when that is plugged in it comes up with an error message saying it cannot be used to install Windows 7. Then so I click Load Driver, attempt to click C: and okay, and it just says no device drivers were found make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers then click ok. I'm so frustrated, any help?

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please supply more information about your PC, if you can. Maybe someone can divine your problem from your posting, but I doubt it.

Windows 7 has drivers for most hardware, but yours may be an exception. If you need to install extra drivers, you'd usually supply them on a USB key drive or a CD.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:43 AM
  • Hi, after checking your issue, it seems that the hard drive isn’t detected correctly during installation. This is mainly caused by the incompatible mass storage controller or mass storage driver.  So please try :

1.    Boot in BIOS and see if the hard drive is detected normally.

2.    If the BIOS enables SATA mode, please switch to AHCI mode and install  Intel Matrix Storage Manager.

3.    Upgrade BIOS to support hardware function better.

By the way, I want to inform you that Windows 7 is needed on NTFS partition.

These following links may be helpful to you:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/2e962088-647d-4875-887a-b7fc928bfa85

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-19411_102-0.html?threadID=346571

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Friday, August 13, 2010 7:54 AM
  • Apparently my C: is fried. Which probably explains why there was so much problems. I contacted Dell after I recieved an error message saying that Microsoft could not load and it was doing a System Repair- but nothing could be repaired automatically through that. So I called Dell, the tech support there got me to run tests and since all the C: tests failed because of the hardware, they are sending me a new C:. They will be calling me back to help me format my computer with vista, However I still will be reformatting immediately after I format with vista, reformating with Windows 7

Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:54 PM