Appending data to an existing PowerPivot table RRS feed

• Question

• I've been analysing IIS logs by loading them into PowerPivot using PowerQuery. I am using Log Parser to create a CSV file for each month and then using PowerQuery to load these to a PowerPivot table.

The amount of data has now grown to the point that the data load operation fails. I am using 32-bit Excel. I might get this working by switching to 64-bit. However I was wondering if there is a different approach.

My current process loads all of the information each time it runs. Is there a way to implement this so that it appends new data? I'm dealing with millions of rows, so loading into Excel spreadsheets is not an option.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ivan

Monday, September 15, 2014 4:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Ed,

I've looked at some other posts that ask similar questions on other forums. It appears that this isn't supported using Excel PowerPivot on the desktop. It seems I would need to use an OLAP cube if I wanted to incrementally add content.

Ivan

Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:08 AM

All replies

• Any ideas for Ivan?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:37 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I've looked at some other posts that ask similar questions on other forums. It appears that this isn't supported using Excel PowerPivot on the desktop. It seems I would need to use an OLAP cube if I wanted to incrementally add content.

Ivan

Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:08 AM