none
Fields available in 'Group By' drop down when click on 'Retrieve the list of projects from Project Server' in Project Pro 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When open a project through Project Professional 2010,if you click on 'Retrieve list of all projects from Project Server',MS has given the feature of 'Group By' so that visibility of available projects can be grouped as per our need.Here comes my question - Can we add 'EnterpriseProjectTypeName' as one of the option to apply the 'Group By'?

FYI,I noticed the available fields are all custom fields which are of lookup value type.Can we add text value type custom fields into this list?

I believe using some VB code we can achieve this probably but not sure.Any pointers in this direction would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Thanks,
    Ashish Tyagi,MCTS Project Server

Monday, September 5, 2016 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

It has been a long time since I have used 2010 but if you add a custom field at project level, it should be in the drop down for available fields.  As for lookup tables, I don't think that affects the list of fields.  I think that you can use text value fields.

Collin

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:37 PM
  • Ashish --

No, the only fields that are displayed in the dialog are custom enterprise Project fields with a lookup table.  There is no way to add any other type of field for grouping.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:44 PM
  • Thanks Collin for your response.

Just to confirm,text value fields do not appear in drop down sadly.

Thanks,

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Hi Dale,

Thanks for your confirmation on this query.

Thanks, Ashish Tyagi

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:23 AM