cannot open centraadmin page after creating new farm in MOSS2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope I post this thread in correct place this time :).

We recently crashed our config DB and now start to create new server farm from "SharePoint Products and Technologies Config Wizard ". We disconnect from current farm and build new farm subsequently.

We see in DB server that the new config DB and SharePoint_admin DB are both initiated and the steps in wizard completes succesfully. We click "ok" close wizard and the centra admin page pop up automatically -> type in the domain account and password, we receive "the page cannot be displayed" after several secs.

Additionally the new "SharePoint Central Administration V3" web site also already exists in IIS manager.

I dont really know what would cause this issue as it is correct setup steps in my opinion.

Any comments are appreciated!

Best regards,

MyST

from Finland :D
    Friday, June 10, 2011 7:36 AM

Answers

• Check in IIS to see if a Central Administration site exists (on the port that you require) if it is absent you will probably need to provision the central admin site also. Try:

psconfig.exe -cmd adminvs -provision -port 'YourPortnumber' -windowsauthprovider onlyusentlm

Otherwise if it something like its picked a different random port, it should tell you in IIS what port it has used.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:40 PM
  • Hi,

Go to IIS manager> and rename the central admin site  >to old and stop the site and  rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Config Wizard

also you can do the same by provisioning the central admin by the command psconfig -cmd adminvs -provision

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263093.aspx#section1

Thanks,

Raj

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:15 AM

All replies

• Check in IIS to see if a Central Administration site exists (on the port that you require) if it is absent you will probably need to provision the central admin site also. Try:

psconfig.exe -cmd adminvs -provision -port 'YourPortnumber' -windowsauthprovider onlyusentlm

Otherwise if it something like its picked a different random port, it should tell you in IIS what port it has used.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:40 PM
  • Hi,

Go to IIS manager> and rename the central admin site  >to old and stop the site and  rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Config Wizard

also you can do the same by provisioning the central admin by the command psconfig -cmd adminvs -provision

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263093.aspx#section1

Thanks,

Raj

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:15 AM