I Want to use SMTP in my server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I want your help for domain shakthi.co.nz
    I have created 1 application in .net 3.5 which has functionality of sending mails using SMTP.
    and installed it on my microsoft windows server 2008 licensed version .
    If i use smtp.gmail.com than its sending mails from application perfectly,
    If I use mail.shakthi.co.nz than its not sending.
    I have tried all the options available on Net, I worked with my server Admin he also tried his best. But not solved yet,
    please help.
    Friday, December 31, 2010 10:26 AM

Answers

• If the mail host listed in your post is your server, then you'll need to configure the SMTP settings appropriately.  The forum link that Dave provided would be the best location. 

However, if this mail host is not managed by you, you'll need to contact the network administrator responsible for that system.  There are many variables that may be taken into account to allow you to relay mail off of that mail server such as firewall ports, SMTP configuration, etc..

Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Quan Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:08 AM
    Friday, December 31, 2010 6:29 PM

All replies

• I'd ask smtp setup questions here.

http://www.iis.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Friday, December 31, 2010 2:56 PM
  • If the mail host listed in your post is your server, then you'll need to configure the SMTP settings appropriately.  The forum link that Dave provided would be the best location. 

However, if this mail host is not managed by you, you'll need to contact the network administrator responsible for that system.  There are many variables that may be taken into account to allow you to relay mail off of that mail server such as firewall ports, SMTP configuration, etc..

Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Quan Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:08 AM
    Friday, December 31, 2010 6:29 PM
  • thanks for reply,

I purchased hosting space and mailserver from different site,

but in my office I have windows server 2008 for personal use, my application need to send mail from my smtp, but it unables to send using mail.shakthi.co.nz.

please tell me is it possible to send ??

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:58 AM