Windows 7, hibernation sleep problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am using hp dv4 laptop, with windows 7 32 bit.

I am having sleep cum hibernation problems.

I searched online could not find perfect solution.

I have wireless keyboard and mouse. I went to device manager and unchecked the option under power management for those usb devices , "to allow this device to wake the computer" , but still some time when i press sleep or hibernatie its not resuming properly, its getting rebooted, and i noticed, after rebooting all my eset nod32 firewall rules are vanishing. Its very annoying, loosing the computer state after sleep or hibernate.

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

I solved the problem once, but after reinserting the usb wireless devices, problem repeats...

Sunday, March 6, 2011 11:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, please refer to the following KB article to download the hotfix:

The computer stops responding when an USB device resumes from the USB Selective Suspend state in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2

Also, let’s check if ACPI is enabled in BIOS.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Additionally, I suggest going to check the System Sleeping States.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, March 11, 2011 2:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, March 14, 2011 7:06 AM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 3:22 AM
  • The hotfix didnot solve the problem, i also checked the ACPI status, its enabled. Please suggest any other solution.

Thanks

Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:23 AM
  • Hi,

After performing further research, I found that you may be unable to use Bluetooth devices to resume operation from certain power management states (such as "suspend" or "hibernate"). In some low-power states, the wireless transceiver may be unable to receive information from the Bluetooth devices.

more information:

Troubleshoot problems waking computer from sleep mode 

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:49 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:05 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 6:53 AM
  • i did all those mentioned in that page, nothing works, still its not able to start from hibernation, its getting rebooted.
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:19 AM
  • Is their any other way to resolve the problem, like collecting the statistics and analyzing ?
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 8:44 AM