Drop down menu from windows not working on mac RRS feed

• Question

• so my wife has a document template for her lesson plans that she is required to use for her classroom. the template was created on a PC and works fine on the PC. however, using office 2011 for mac with the file as a .docx or even converting it to a .doc renders the drop down menu's within the file useless. note: i am running osX Maverick 10.9.4 and everything is up to date. also note that i'm not referring to the drop down menus of the program itself. there were drop down menus created within the document that should allow her to choose a certain phrase and click it to avoid having to type the same thing everywhere. on word 2011 mac it just appears as grayed text, but no box or drop down option. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Saturday, August 23, 2014 5:16 PM

Answers

• By your description it sounds like these are Form Controls list boxes which are not available on Word 2011 for the Mac. The template will either need to be recreated to run with Word 2011 for the Mac or you will need to be running it in a PC virtual machine on your Mac.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:59 PM