Restrict RBAC view to Recipient Configuration only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a number of custom RBAC Management Roles and used the Remove-ManagementRoleEntry cmdlet in an attempt to remove the cmdlets that display Organisation Configuration node in the EMC view of our on-site admin logins.

I have almost managed to achieve this however the one menu that is still appearing is

Organisation Configuration>Hub Transport>Global Settings>Transport Settings

The properities of this option cannot be accessed however I would prefer if it did not display at all.  Does anyone know the cmdlet/management role that would display this option?

The roles in the Role Group are -

Mail Recipient

Mail Recipient Creation

Message Tracking

Distribution Groups

Cheers folks

Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:33 AM

Answers

• The properities of this option cannot be accessed however I would prefer if it did not display at all.  Does anyone know the cmdlet/management role that would display this option?

Hi weewaawaa,

I would suggest you ingore the problem.

Even if you only assign an end user role(e.g. MyName Role) to an admin to test, the admin will also see the

Organisation Configuration>Hub Transport>Global Settings>Transport Settings.

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:49 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It might come due to Mail Recipient role, you can create a custom role :http://www.exchangedictionary.com/index.php/Articles/create-new-management-role-rbac.html, just remove the command get command for this setting & assign that role admin group have a look into this article also it might help you understand more what i am try to suggest : http://www.exchangedictionary.com/index.php/Articles/role-based-access-control-exchange-2010.html 

Do let us know if that didn't help 

Thanks

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging | MCC

Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:22 AM
  • The properities of this option cannot be accessed however I would prefer if it did not display at all.  Does anyone know the cmdlet/management role that would display this option?

Hi weewaawaa,

I would suggest you ingore the problem.

Even if you only assign an end user role(e.g. MyName Role) to an admin to test, the admin will also see the

Organisation Configuration>Hub Transport>Global Settings>Transport Settings.

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:49 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 7:56 AM
  • Hi Frank,

Sorry for the late response.  Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Kevin

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:44 AM