Does Management pack have cache that bring bad effection? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Here we encounter a trouble:

We build a management pack in xml extension. Firstly we imported this Mp and everything is ok. However, after deleting this xml and importing it again immediately, it could not work any more(No any instance will be discovered)

Another problem is about column of view.

we define the column info criteria in Management pack . If some one use operations console to custom the view and, for example, unselect some column ,it will display the view without the unselected column instead of the default one after deleting and importing the same management pack again. 

We know that the issue may be influenced by cache...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:06 AM

Answers

• I suggests you to modify MP by just modify the MP version and import it again into SCOM.

Roger

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Saturday, November 7, 2015 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, November 9, 2015 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:38 AM

All replies

• I suggests you to modify MP by just modify the MP version and import it again into SCOM.

Roger

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Saturday, November 7, 2015 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, November 9, 2015 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:38 AM
  • I agree, or wait until all of your management servers discarded the management pack. The problem is that only your agents could still have it loaded as it takes a while before all of them received the notification that it's no longer a valid MP.

Only when you are testing/developing a management pack and made structural changes that doesn't allow upgrading you should remove it. Otherwise just upgrade as Roger suggested.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:43 AM
  • And just to add about

" If some one use operations console to custom the view and, for example, unselect some column ,it will display the view without the unselected column instead of the default one after deleting and importing the same management pack again. "

You should delete - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:44 PM