Using NAP VPN....and VLANs RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have been tasked with using NAP VPN enforcement, then place the healthy remote clients on spefic VLANs, according to their user groups.

I have tried all sorts of configuration, trunked the Internal NIC of the VPN server, created all sorts of Connection and Network policies, but I still didn't manage to give the client an IP from the VLAN it should have gone to.

After 2 days frustration I still didnt manage to make it work, but I still can't believe this is not supported, I don't think that my company is the only one having this basic need. Has anyone tried his luck with this before, or at least can provide me with a useful link (which i didn't find) or an alternative method for doing this, preferably using Microsoft NAP.

Thankyou

Roderick

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Roderick,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you discuss that what do you want achieve with this configuration in detail?

Identifying Your NAP Deployment Goals

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd125341(WS.10).aspx

If you want to split remote computers to different subnets base on domain account, you may consider assigning specific static address and route entries on account dial-in properties.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 14, 2011 6:35 AM