Malfunctioning PC! Please help me :( RRS feed

• Question

• Two days ago, I was surfing the web, about to play a game called wizard101. I then noticed a noticeable, poor computer performance. Everything was laggy, and unresponsive. I then decided to wipe out my hard drive in recovery mode. Took about three or four hours to complete the operation. But after that, I've noticed the problem still exists! The problems associated with it are a SLOW BOOT UP which takes MINUTES, and a VERY SLOW LOGIN. It'll take more than five minutes to log me in. But after I managed to log in, I either haveone these two screens: Black screen of death with a mouse, or just a black screen of death. And I've managed to get on my computer by luck but, the lag and unresponsiveness still exists. With PLENTY of patience, i've managed to download auslogics boostspeed to scan for problem. It reported it found plenty of problems. I allowed it to do it's job. My computer was more responsive and less laggy. After that i installed malwarebytes to know it didn't detect anything. Please help :(
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What do you mean by "wipe out my hard drive in recovery mode"? do you mean the "recovery" option in Settings\Change PC Settings\Update and recovery, if so, what solutions you have tried under the "recovery" option?

You can also view the event viewer, and see if something useful recorded.

You can also use Autoruns to find out what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login..

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Here's article you can refer to:

http://windowsitpro.com/windows-server/autoruns

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:56 AM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 6:52 AM