Clustering MP - Node State Monitor RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client that wants to know the exact state of the Cluster Node when they get an  get an alert from the Node State Monitor.  I see this information in the alert context:

Date and Time: 1/5/2016 3:33:40 PM 
    Property Name Property Value 
    __CLASS MSCluster_EventStateChange 
    __DERIVATION  
    __GENUS 2 
    __PROPERTY_COUNT 7 
    EventNewState 0 
    EventObjectName SERVERNAME 
    EventObjectPath MSCluster_Node.Name="SERVERNAME" 
    EventObjectType 2 
    EventTypeMajor 0 
    EventTypeMinor 1 
    TIME_CREATED 131043683820495693 

Do GENUS 2 and PROPERTY_COUNT 7 correlate to a node state?

Thank you,

Chad Myers

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Cluster node status have three type: Up, Down, Paused. As far as I know Node State Monitor have three health state for those three status:

Node up Success  
    Node paused/joining Warning  
    Node down Error

If you want to know the cluster node state, you can use Get-ClusterNode command also.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:01 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:50 AM

All replies

• That's WMI information being returned from the agent.

Genus - A numeric value indicating whether the object is a class (1) or an instance (0)

Property_Count - The number of properties presented by the class. Seven in this case; EventNewState, EventObjectName, EventObjectPath, EventObjectType,  EventTypeMajor, EventTypeMinor, and TIME_CREATED.

See the following source info on that: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394584(v=vs.85).aspx

MSCluster_EventStateChange class documentation: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa371438(v=vs.85).aspx

Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:50 AM
  • Hello,

Cluster node status have three type: Up, Down, Paused. As far as I know Node State Monitor have three health state for those three status:

Node up Success  
    Node paused/joining Warning  
    Node down Error

If you want to know the cluster node state, you can use Get-ClusterNode command also.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:01 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:50 AM