none
UAG Endpoint components for offline installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have tried to locate offline installation files for UAG RTM. The documentation says (in Technet and in Endpoint deployment guide)

<<<technet>>>
    To deploy the offline component installation in Silent mode
    1.Obtain the WhlClientSetp.msi file. Make the folder …\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\utils\OfflineClientSetup available to the client endpoint. Then, on the client endpoint run the setup file by navigating to the OfflineClientSetup location, and typing the following at the command line to run the component installation in silent mode:

OfflineClientSetup\WhlClientSetup.msi /qn

Note: 
    The .msi file should be run with administrator privileges

After these commands have run, the client components are installed on the client endpoint with no user intervention.

To deploy the offline component installation in Interactive mode
    1.Deploy the following folder, including all files and subfolders:

…\ Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\utils\OfflineClientSetup

2.Advise users to double-click the file Setup.exe, located under the above folder.

The Forefront UAG Client Components Installation Wizard starts. Users can follow the instructions to complete the wizard and install the components on their client endpoints.
    <<</technet>>>

I have checked one installation - the setup.exe was still available within the RC0 installation, but not in any RTM installations I have checked. Could some of you update the correct place for the files? Also MS could probably update the documentation.

BR, TommiK

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:31 PM

Answers

• The other option for offline install are the msi files located in ~\\von\portalhomepage.

Mike H | Microsoft IAG/UAG Subject Matter Expert
    • Proposed as answer by MikeH [MSFT] Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by James Kilner Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:09 PM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:12 PM

All replies

• The other option for offline install are the msi files located in ~\\von\portalhomepage.

• Proposed as answer by MikeH [MSFT] Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by James Kilner Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:09 PM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:12 PM
  • Hi,

I do know that and I have utilized that already.

The case is that I would like to create custom package (using the xml file).

Is there any use for OfflineClientSetup folder, if we are missing e.g. setup.exe or .msi packages? Can I copy the RC0 setup.exe in offlineclientsetup folder and get this work with it?

BR, TommiK
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:23 PM
  • The packages located in the PortalHomePage folder can be used for custom setup as well.  When you try to install one, it will give you the option to choose which components to install.

More information here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd857235.aspx
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:49 PM