Good Activation turns bad RRS feed

• Question

• My installation of Longorn Beta 2 Build 5384 - DE (TechNet Plus-Ed.) was sucessfully activated directly after nstalling. Since a couple of days, every time the Server ran smoothly for some days, when I change users to the Admin it says: You could not be logged in, because your copy of Windows is not activated. After the message System Shutdown is the single option left.

When I reboot the machine everyting including login and activation information in the Systems Dialogue is perfectly fine.....until next time I change users

Actions prior to first occurance of this behaviour:
    • Installed Microsoft Search from the File Server Modules (and uninstalled it again)
    • Installed Kaspersky AV Beta 5 (still on the system)
    Any suggestions?

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:32 PM

Answers

• Joey,

I contacted the licensing team and they have some scripts that you can run to help them further troubleshoot this issue. Could you contact me directly via e-mail (emelo.nospam@microsoft.com) for us to follow-up on this?

Thanks,

Eduardo Melo

Windows Server Program Management

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:23 PM
  • Hi

I tried to send you an email, but there seems to be something wrong with your adress. Pleaase post me back how i can reach you

<<This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
    <<A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
    <<its recipients. The following addresses failed:
    <<<emelo.nospam@microsoft.com>
    <<SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
    <<host mailc.microsoft.com[205.248.102.78]:
    <<550 5.1.1 User unknown

What I wanted to say is:

Right now, as I read your Message this funny litle dialogue pops up from time to time, saying that there is some problem with licencing:

<<Screenshot missing here>>

As you may see it is a german version of Longhorn  with Build 5384, TechNet Ed.  and is installed with the corespondig key: thym6-636vh-dm8pw-xwppr-2mykc.

Allthough It is another problem, then the one i reported in the newsgroup, it should have the same context. Next time i get the other one, i will report it again directly to you. But when the other message appears  I will not be able to take some screenshots, as  the session is terminating and the computer shuts down after I confirm the message.

I will provide you with further info, when you ask for it. If you have some tools to trace the issue just tell me where to get them.

Best regards

Joachim Rieger

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:38 PM

All replies

• Joey,

I contacted the licensing team and they have some scripts that you can run to help them further troubleshoot this issue. Could you contact me directly via e-mail (emelo.nospam@microsoft.com) for us to follow-up on this?

Thanks,

Eduardo Melo

Windows Server Program Management

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:23 PM
  • Hi

I tried to send you an email, but there seems to be something wrong with your adress. Pleaase post me back how i can reach you

<<This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
    <<A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
    <<its recipients. The following addresses failed:
    <<<emelo.nospam@microsoft.com>
    <<SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
    <<host mailc.microsoft.com[205.248.102.78]:
    <<550 5.1.1 User unknown

What I wanted to say is:

Right now, as I read your Message this funny litle dialogue pops up from time to time, saying that there is some problem with licencing:

<<Screenshot missing here>>

As you may see it is a german version of Longhorn  with Build 5384, TechNet Ed.  and is installed with the corespondig key: thym6-636vh-dm8pw-xwppr-2mykc.

Allthough It is another problem, then the one i reported in the newsgroup, it should have the same context. Next time i get the other one, i will report it again directly to you. But when the other message appears  I will not be able to take some screenshots, as  the session is terminating and the computer shuts down after I confirm the message.

I will provide you with further info, when you ask for it. If you have some tools to trace the issue just tell me where to get them.

Best regards

Joachim Rieger

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:38 PM
  • Joachim,

remove the .nospam part of my e-mail address and your message should be delivered succesfully. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:42 PM