New page in List don't add to menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I recently have a problem in a site collection, when i create a new page based in a page layout, no longer add to current navigation or global navigation, in all other areas is working as expected, anyone have a clue?

Thanks 

MVP Office Development, MCP, MCTS SharePoint 2010 Development
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:17 PM Admin q (and if it is an SP 2010 admin question it shouldn't be in the new forum either (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, adding pages into navigation is provided by sharepoint server publishing feature. so you need to make sure it is enabled.

Secondly, there are three kinds of pages: wiki page, publishing page, web part page. wiki page will be stored in site pages library by default and you cannot change the places. publishing page will be stored in pages library by default and you cannot change the places. web part page will be stored in site assets library by default and you can change its place from site assets library to pages library. And only the pages in pages library will be added into current navigation or global navigation.

Seven Ma

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Veera Raj Friday, June 3, 2011 10:56 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 3, 2011 11:05 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 6:56 AM
  • Hi Seven, thanks for helping!

This is a publishing page and all pages are stored directly in the Pages Library, SharePoint publishing is activated in all sites an subsites, i am comparing all configurations between subsites, libraries and features, but i could't find any not matching all others that are working.

Stuck...

Regards

Joao

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 3, 2011 11:05 AM "for" not 4. Please write your posts in English.
    Friday, June 3, 2011 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Please make sure "show pages" has been checked from site settings > navigation > global navigation/current navigation.

Also, i also encounter this issue today and i cannot change the "show pages"  settings successfully. what's more, i also cannot create new pages again and i found that the publishing feature of this site had something wrong even i deactivate/activate it again. finally, i run stsadm -o activatefeature command for this site and it is working fine now. so, please check the logs to see if this feature has something wrong and you can also run this command to check the result.

Regards,

Seven

Monday, June 6, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

Check the navigation settings and verify if show pages checkbox is checked. Also checked if the page has a published version.

After verifying the above two points I suggest you to do an app pool recycle in one of the WFE server and trying browsing the same from the webserver.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

Monday, June 6, 2011 8:34 AM
  • Hi Seven!

I double cheked all configurations and they are ok.

Relative to Publishing was deactivated and activated again, but this operation will make visible in the menu items all pages in the site although they are hidden. Create page again but it still not in the menu items

stsadm -o deactivatefeature -name Publishing -url http://site/subsite -force
    stsadm -o activatefeature -name Publishing -url http://site/subsite -force

Hi Rashu

Show pages was and is on, if a page have a publishing, i am with the SharePoint Admin account but it does.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks all
    Joao

MVP Office Development, MCP, MCTS SharePoint 2010 Development

Monday, June 6, 2011 11:08 AM