none
Performance counters will not be available for this management agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In a dev environment we are seeing the Event ID 6313 which states "Performance counters will not be available for this management agent".

We are using FIM 2010 R2 v. 4.1.2273.0.

Are there any ideas on how to fix this?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Sami

Friday, January 25, 2013 7:26 PM

Answers

• I used to see this on my DR ILM server before we upgraded to FIM.  I had installed that server by taking a copy of the database and installing the sync engine on top of it.  I suspected the components for each MA didn't get installed properly because I didn't actually create those MAs while the sync engine was running on that server, but since I never relied on those performance counters I just ignored the events.

You could try Craig Martin's solution, though you'd have to adapt it for the FIM environment (path, etc.)

Chris

• Marked as answer by SamiVV Sunday, January 27, 2013 3:12 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 9:47 PM

All replies

• I used to see this on my DR ILM server before we upgraded to FIM.  I had installed that server by taking a copy of the database and installing the sync engine on top of it.  I suspected the components for each MA didn't get installed properly because I didn't actually create those MAs while the sync engine was running on that server, but since I never relied on those performance counters I just ignored the events.

You could try Craig Martin's solution, though you'd have to adapt it for the FIM environment (path, etc.)

Chris

• Marked as answer by SamiVV Sunday, January 27, 2013 3:12 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 9:47 PM
  • Thanks, Chris. I tried Craig's solution, but no luck.

I guess if you ignored them with no bad effects, then we can too. We have been having issues with SQL connections being dropped which is why I was looking in the Event Viewer in the first place.

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Sami

Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:01 PM
  • On FIM 2010 R2, the correct path is:

lodctr.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\Bin\mmsperf.ini"

but I get the message "Counters for FIMSynchronizationService are already installed".

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:02 AM
  • At last: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16631.fim-unable-to-load-performance-counters-for-management-agent.aspx

I threw a FIMSynchronizationService restart afterwards, as I ran the process above and still got the errors.

Comments on the post indicate it may not be a 100% fix.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:08 PM