Missing Password after some days - Run Programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have seen some strange I don't understand.

I have use the activity 'Run Program' in my runbooks. In the advance settings I have add username and password.  I have set the runboom to run, and work fine.

After some days my runbook have stop working. I found out the password field in blank/empty in 'Run Program' activity. And then re-type the password and it work again.

Again after some days, it stop work with the same problem. The password is missing???

I have tested with another runbook with a new 'run program' activity, and the same happens here???

I am using Orch 2012 sp1.

Br

Christian

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:01 PM

Answers

• I have seen this before as well in our environment with both Run Program and Query Database (using sql authentication).  It is intermittent and hard to reproduce.  I suggest you open up a ticket with Microsoft to have them investigate. 

Vaughn

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:03 PM

All replies

• I have seen this before as well in our environment with both Run Program and Query Database (using sql authentication).  It is intermittent and hard to reproduce.  I suggest you open up a ticket with Microsoft to have them investigate. 

Vaughn

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:03 PM
  • Thanks, Vaughn
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Hi Vaughn,

Did you find any solutions with Microsoft? thanks

Thanks

Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:35 PM
  • I don't believe this ever got resolved but this issue has been less and less with each release.  Typically the problem comes from using a password variable.  Try typing the password directly to see if that gets around the issue.

Vaughn

Friday, November 22, 2019 4:07 PM
  • Thanks, we are using 2019 release, still have this problem, we do enter the real password, not using variables.

Thanks

Friday, November 22, 2019 4:27 PM