Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 License to 7 RRS feed

• Question

• If I have Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 License can I install Windows Embedded POSReady 7 on my device? If yes or no I need a license document saying that.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:16 AM

Answers

• These are two separate products that require separate license keys. You should contact your Microsoft distributor for more information.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

ONLY Windows Embedded industry Pro upgrade and industry Enterprise upgrade Editions purchased through Volume licensing contracts allowed you the downgrade rights to the previous Versions.

for confirmation, download please the licensing Brief from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Licensing/learn-more/brief-windows-embedded.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

thanks

diramoh

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:22 PM
  • These are two separate products that require separate license keys. You should contact your Microsoft distributor for more information.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:08 AM
  • Can I migrate from the current
    Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 to 7 with the upgrade keeping the current applications without the fresh install?
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:23 PM
  • Can I migrate from the current
    Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 to 7 with the upgrade keeping the current applications without the fresh install?
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:23 PM
  • POSReady 2009 is based on Windows XP so a jump to Windows 7 is a challenge. 

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, April 9, 2018 4:50 AM