none
Secondary DPM 2012 R2 RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

The steps are outlined in the below TechNet article.

Set up secondary servers

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:41 PM
  • can i switch the secondary server as a primary and i remove the old primary???

KETATA Ramy (N'oubliez pas de Marquer et Voter la ou les réponses qui aident à résoudre votre problème)

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:45 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, that is possible, but not something I would recommend.  Once a secondary DPM Server always a secondary DPM server and there are restriction imposed on secondary DPM servers that could prevent you from re-protecting a server if it was protected by the primary originally.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by EugeneLeitanMVP Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:07 PM
  • Good day Guys

Please assist me with the DPM Installation: this is the first DPM Server.

I have a Clustered instance of SQL then the reporting server which only has the instance of SSRS but the Databases are held or contained by the same clustered Database engine.

The cluster has other instances of SQL:

My instance that I am using and Pointing DPM to - is SQL 2012 SP1.

how ever I keep getting the following error:

2016-11-03 12:48:19 AM] * Exception : Expecting the following exception. Ignoring intentionally.  => System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid namespace
       at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
       at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
       at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectHelper.GetWmiObjectCollection(String wmiNamespace, String wmiQuery, ConnectionOptions wmiConnectionOptions)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectHelper.GetSqlServerVersion(String instanceName, String sqlServerMachineName, ConnectionOptions wmiConnectionOptions, String sqlNameSpace)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectHelper.DetectSqlServer(String instanceName, String sqlServerMachineName, ConnectionOptions wmiConnectionOptions, String sqlNameSpace)
    [2016-11-03 12:48:19 AM] Information : SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 instance INFRA_INSTANCE is not present on this system.
    [2016-11-03 12:48:19 AM] Information : Query WMI provider for SQL Server 2008.
    [2016-11-03 12:48:19 AM] Information : Querying WMI Namespace: \\GPPServerName\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement11 for query: Select * from SqlServiceAdvancedProperty where ServiceName='MSSQL$INFRA_INSTANCE' and PropertyName='Version'
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 instance INFRA_INSTANCE is present on this system.
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Inspect context initialized with
    SQL Server namespace: \\{0}\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement11
    Reporting namespace: \\{0}\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\RS_{1}\v11\admin
    SqlServerDetected: True
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Check if SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Tools is installed.
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Inspect.CheckSqlServerTools : MsiQueryProductState returned : INSTALLSTATE_DEFAULT
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Deserialising the Report XML from path : C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\DPM\DPMLogs\InspectReport.xml
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Loading the check XML from path : C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\DPM\DPMLogs\InspectReport.xml
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Getting the checkResult for the checkId : SqlServer
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Getting the checkResult for the checkId : SqlServerReportingServices
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Getting the checkResult for the checkId : SqlServerTools
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Getting the installables which were not detected
    [2016-11-03 12:48:27 AM] Information : Getting the string form of report object

I ran the DPM Support files from the install, but I keep getting an error that it has not installed. Is this because of the other instances that are ran by the cluster.

The SQL cluster has 6 Nodes but I have my own instance.

I also see that DPM either keeps wanting /asking me for a SQL 2008 instance.

I also get :Check if SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Tools is installed.

It keeps failing.

Thanks Kindly Regards TMB

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:38 PM
  • Hi,

When specifying a remote SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012 instance to use for the DPM database, DPM 2012 R2 requires Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 management tools on the DPM Server

Important: When installing DPM 2012 R2 on Windows Server 2012 or Windows server 2012 R2, you need to install .NET Framework 3.5 features from Add Roles and Features wizard prior to installing the SQL Server 2012 SP1 management tools or all the required tools will not be installed properly.

You can download the installation package from the following link.

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35579

Download the SQLManagementStudio_X64_ENU.exe and run it to start the wizard.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:42 PM