none
Back arrow will not drop down the recent history of pages visited on a right-click. RRS feed

• Question

• I use IE 11. Older versions of IE allowed you to back up to any previous page visited during the current session by right-clicking the back button. The right-click would drop down a list of pages visited, and you could choose any one of them, regardless of their order. With IE 11, the right-click has no effect. I must left-click the back button and go through each page previously visited serially before reaching the desired one. Have I inadvertently changed a setting or something?

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Right-click on the back/forward button works from my side(IE 11 on Windows 8.1 and IE 11 on Windows 7 Ulimate SP1). Not sure what is your situation.

And there seems to be a bug related with IE 11 back button, see here:

IE 11 back button does not work

If you do not sure which settings have been modified, then we may consider to reset IE 11, and please take a note:

Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Here is a reference:

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Hope this may help

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 28, 2014 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Right-click on the back/forward button works from my side(IE 11 on Windows 8.1 and IE 11 on Windows 7 Ulimate SP1). Not sure what is your situation.

And there seems to be a bug related with IE 11 back button, see here:

IE 11 back button does not work

If you do not sure which settings have been modified, then we may consider to reset IE 11, and please take a note:

Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Here is a reference:

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Hope this may help

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 28, 2014 7:38 AM
  • What if you left-click-and-hold ?

I get the drop-down-list of visited pages, on Win8.1 (IE11 Desktop), the same list is presented also if I right-click.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, February 28, 2014 7:43 AM
  • I'm having the same issue as the OP. While prior IE versions were easy to jump backward (or forward) several webpages, IE 11 has never allowed me to do it on either laptop (Win 8.1).  The right click maneuver, whether using the keyboard touchpad or simply a press-and-hold proxy in tablet mode: no response or it just goes back or forward ONE spot.  Happened on both the Samsung ATIV Smart PC (upgraded from win 8 to 8.1) and the latest hp split x2 that came with 8.1 and ie 11 preinstalled.

Didn't try resetting ie 11 as I don't want to lose all previous settings.  And, as I said, the situation has been this way on both computers from the first moments on ie 11.  Is there something to try short of a reset on both computers?

Sunday, November 9, 2014 1:59 AM