none
Project Server 2010 - apply site template RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated the Project Site page within a Project Server 2010 project. I have also saved the site as a template.

However, what I can't work out how to do is to:

1. Apply that template to another project

2. Make this the default template for all projects

Any help would be most welcome

Michael

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:00 AM

Answers

• Hello. To make this the default site template for all new projects set this site template against each Enterprise Project Type. To do this navigate to PWA Server Settings > Enterprise Project Types. For each Enterprise Project Type click the name to load the settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see site template. Click the drop down list and you should see your new template. It is not possible to apply this new template to existing sites without either applying the changes manually to each site or doing it programmatically. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hello. To make this the default site template for all new projects set this site template against each Enterprise Project Type. To do this navigate to PWA Server Settings > Enterprise Project Types. For each Enterprise Project Type click the name to load the settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see site template. Click the drop down list and you should see your new template. It is not possible to apply this new template to existing sites without either applying the changes manually to each site or doing it programmatically. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:21 AM
  • Hello

1. Apply that template to another project
    If you mean to apply this template to an existing project...
    No

2. Make this the default template for all projects
    as pwmather explained....

During the project creation, the template is copied into a new project. That means, later changes doesn't affect any existing project.
    But the mother of all templates is the enterprise global. Changes here may affect all existing projects. Not for content but for settings and configuration.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:49 AM