none
Inslallation CAS+Primary. Error - omGetServerRoleAvailabilityState could not read from the registry on error = 5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!

I am trying to install CAS and primary server.

What I did:

-        Install remote sql server with two instances

-        Install CAS

When I try to install primary, I have next error:

omGetServerRoleAvailabilityState could not read from the registry on PRIServer.CM2012test.lab; error = 5:

and as a result of installation:

I checked all requirements using technet – what may be the problem?

Жизнь стоит того, чтобы не быть сволочью.

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:04 PM

Answers

• Your last bullet is just asking if you are a member of the Full Admins role on the CAS.  Is your CAS a local admin of your primary site?

Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:54 PM

All replies

• Error 5 = Access denied. Do you have local admin permissions, sysadmin etc

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:14 PM
  • Hi Kent!

Of course!

My installation was begined, so all prerequisites were fine.  

I checked all next steps:

Local Administrator rights on the central administration site server.
    Local Administrator rights on the remote site database server for the central administration site, if it is remote.
    Local Administrator rights on the primary site computer.
    Local Administrator rights on the remote site database server for the primary site, if it is remote.
    •except this point - User name associated with the Infrastructure Administrator or Full Administrator security role on the central administration site - I don't understand, what does it mean?

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:25 PM
  • Your last bullet is just asking if you are a member of the Full Admins role on the CAS.  Is your CAS a local admin of your primary site?

Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Hi Brian!

Thanks a lot for your reply!

What does it mean - Full Admin role on server?

I use the same user account for installation CAS and Primary servers. But I didn't add CAS server's account to local admin of my primary, because I didn't find it in prerequisites.  I will check it.

To Brian:

You was right - I needed to add CAS server account to local admin group on primary server side.

Thanks a lot for your answer :) But I didn't find it in TechNet library

• Edited by Donec Monday, April 30, 2012 4:04 PM result of test
    Monday, April 30, 2012 2:59 PM
  • The errors you are calling out have to do with the registry keys we monitor on the site to determine if the various site components are installed. It shouldn't have anything to do with the CAS computer account.

You will normally see the errors you describe if it is taking a long time for the Site Component Manager service to install the components - longer than the timeout window for setup. It is unusual, but it can occur depending on some timing issues and the hardware you are deploying it to. If you encounter this, the best troubleshooting would be to check the sitecomp.log and make sure no issues were encountered when components were being configured.

Monday, April 30, 2012 5:53 PM
  • Sound is good, thanks for your note :)

Monday, April 30, 2012 7:00 PM
  • I am having this exact same problem but none of the suggested changes have fixed it..  Anything else I should be looking for?

Shawn

Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:43 PM
  • I too had exactly the same issue, and was left with the same incomplete setup page.

My setup:

CAS, Primary and Separate SQL with 2 named instances (CAS/PRI)
    Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
    SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6

All 3 servers were in their own AD security group which was a member of local administrators of all 3 servers.

My user account was an administrator of all 3 servers.

I was thrown off the scent of the real issue by repeated errors in the ConfigMgrSetup.log like the following:

• ERROR: Failed to connect to registry to determine if Configuration Manager console is installed. (x1)
    • CSql Error: Cannot find type data, cannot get a connection. (x3 pre-setup, x10 during setup)
    • omGetServerRoleAvailabilityState could not read from the registry on <PRIMARY>; error = 5: (x4)

These seemed to imply permissions issues, so I went round and round in circles.

It turns out that when I got it working (and at this time everything seems fine), these errors were still logged.
    I imagine that even after you added the CAS account to local admins and it worked, these errors were still logged - which would reinforce Jason's point about the errors not relating to the CAS account.

My fix (and it seems obvious in retrospect) was to set a different port number for the SQL Server Service Broker on one of my CAS/PRI setups, as both SQL instances were on the same server. Never even gave it a thought when I was clicking Next through the wizard.

I setup the CAS with the default SSB port of 4022 and setup the PRI with SSB port 4023 (with firewall exceptions) and setup completed fine within 10 minutes.

Hope this is of help to anyone.

Dan

• Proposed as answer by GemaGlass Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:38 PM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:21 AM