Connectors dont work. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a brand new installation of SCSM 2012 R2 with UR9 which isn't being used yet. We created a couple connectors (AD and Orchestrator) but they never sync. When clicking Sync Now or running Start-SCSMConnector nothing happens. In the event log I see events 3102 and 3103 saying SyncNow begin and SyncNow end, but both events happen at the same time. Its like the connector starts and stops instantly. 

Also, there are a lot of critical HealthService events 1102 regarding "Rule/Monitor...cannot be initialized and will not be loaded. Management group "Name here"". So it seems like theres just something keeping any of the workflows from running.

There is also events 7002, 7015, and 7021 which state "The Health Service could not log on the RunAs account because it has not been granted the "Allow log on locally" right." and "The Health Service cannot verify the future validity of the RunAs account ...The error is Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.(1385L)." The account is both a local admin as well as being giving Allow log on locally right in the local policy though, so these events dont really make sense to me. 

We first installed this earlier in the week and had the issue, and after some research it seems like there was a problem with the MonitoringHost.exe and the only way to fix it was to re-install. So we did, and we are having the same problem again. Weird right?

I've gone over permissions for the service accounts etc... but now I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

- Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

• Edited by Pete Barbuto Friday, February 19, 2016 8:34 PM more info
    Friday, February 19, 2016 7:14 PM

Answers

• As it turns out, the service account account was in an Active Directory group called "DenyLocalLogin" which was preventing it from logging in locally...go figure. Removing the account fixed the issue and the workflows are now running. 

• Marked as answer by Pete Barbuto Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:05 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:05 PM

All replies

• Which version of UR9 you installed? The first 2 builds of UR9 where a "little" buggy ;-)

Build 7.5.3079.607 is the latest UR9 version ... that "should" work.

Atleast I had no issues during the tests.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, February 19, 2016 8:38 PM
  • Correct. thats the patch I have. We downloaded the latest one today. 

Friday, February 19, 2016 8:47 PM
  • In which user context the 3 SCSM services are running?

In our 4 SCSM environments it is:

Microsoft Monitoring Agent (HealthService.exe) -> Local System

System Center Data Access Service -> Domain\SCSM-Service Account

System Center Management Configuration -> Domain\SCSM-Service Account

Friday, February 19, 2016 9:53 PM
  • In which user context the 3 SCSM services are running?

In our 4 SCSM environments it is:

Microsoft Monitoring Agent (HealthService.exe) -> Local System

System Center Data Access Service -> Domain\SCSM-Service Account

System Center Management Configuration -> Domain\SCSM-Service Account

Thats correct - our services have the same accounts. The SCSM service account is also a local admin and an admin in SCSM. 

One thing I did notice, and I'm not sure this matters, but the SCOM agent version is different for this server. The SCOM console reports that the agent version for this server is 6.1 while all other SCOM agents are 7.1. I'm not sure this matters in this situation, but it may be relevant. Maybe the agent needs to be updated??? I know they are tightly intertwined, so having an outdated agent may have a negative effect. 

Friday, February 19, 2016 10:04 PM
  • You shouldn't install the SCOM agent on a SCSM server! As far as I remember the SCOM agent isn't compatible with the Health Service of SCSM 2012 R2.

Some more information you can find here: http://www.systemcenterrocks.com/2015/02/monitor-scsm-2012-sp1-or-r2-with-scom.html

Saturday, February 20, 2016 12:00 AM
  • https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj614408.aspx

The agent installs automatically when SCSM installs (probably explains why it's a different version), then you have to enter the SCOM management group info manually and approve the agent in the SCOM console.

Saturday, February 20, 2016 1:48 AM
  • As it turns out, the service account account was in an Active Directory group called "DenyLocalLogin" which was preventing it from logging in locally...go figure. Removing the account fixed the issue and the workflows are now running. 

• Marked as answer by Pete Barbuto Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:05 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:05 PM