Issue with embedded objects RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I am trying to embed a series of worksheets into a manual I am creating in Word 2016.  I have done this easily in the past using Insert-Object-From File.  This time, whether the object is a .pdf, .xls, or other format, it is not visible in the document.  If I click in the area I expect to see it, I can see the outline, as if it is not the right size or as if there is text over over it.  I cannot find a way to make it visible, though.  I have replicated the issue in Word 2013, as well.  Even a pasted .pdf presents in a similar manner.  Any help you can offer would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

• Moved by Chenchen Li Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:59 AM Word IT
    Monday, December 4, 2017 12:37 AM

All replies

• Go to File|Options|Advanced>Show Document Content and uncheck the 'Show Picture Placeholders' option.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, December 4, 2017 2:13 AM
  • Hi arandall,

This forum(Word for Developers) is for development issues related to Word Object Model and your problem is more related to Word product feature, so I would move this thread into Word IT Pro Discussions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Hi arandall,

Please refer to the suggestion provided by Paul and see if the issue can be fixed:

If it works, please remember to mark the helpful post as answer so that it would be easier for others who stuck with the similar issue to find a valid solution in this forum.

If the issue persists, could you please collect the detailed build number of Windows system of the computers you performed the tests on so that we can do further research on this.

Any updates are appreciated.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Hi arandall,

Have you checked the suggestion above?

If it is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 12:26 PM