Routing Between New and Old Exchange Servers - changing Domains RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to upgrade an old "business.local" domain and move users to a new Exchange Server. We have SVR1 and SVR2 in the old .local domain. Server SVR2 has Exchange 2013 installed. 

The new "business.net" domain name has SVR01 with Exchange 2016. We want to migrate the users over slowly managing to keep downtime non-existent. I have found a way to route outside email "in and out" for users on the new server. However, I have not been able to figure out how to route Internal email between the two servers. 

When users in the old domain using the old server send internal email it isn't routed to the users on the new Exchange Server. So, consequently we also can't send email to or even reply to messages from the new domain to users in the old domain.

I need help finding a good way to setup this Internal Routing between the new and old domains and Exchange Servers on the same internal network?

Server 2012 - Exchange 2013 (old) "business.local" domain - most users currently

Server 2016 - Exchange 2016 (new) "business.net" domain - desired location of all users

We have set up Transitive Trusts between the two domains.

• Edited by ANS Mark Friday, March 6, 2020 5:07 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2020 5:03 PM

All replies