Windows Vista Ultimate MUI's RRS feed

• Question

• I've windows vista ultimate 64 bit OEM (built with a machine), but all people says that Ultimate and Enterprise versions have MUI included but I haven't found the MUI, in the DVD it doesn't and in microsoft WEB site is not found.
    Any body knows were in microsoft web site can found the spanish and french MUI for Vista Ultimate 64bits?
    Sunday, February 11, 2007 3:51 AM

Answers

• It was very easy, only go to updates, select the languages that you want to install, download, install and ready, works fine!

Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:19 AM
  • Check optional updates, they should be there.

Good luck

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:06 PM

All replies

• James

Please, inform me when you received a clear response about your doubt..I'm in the same situation.

Best regards

Arnays
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 12:12 AM
  • It was very easy, only go to updates, select the languages that you want to install, download, install and ready, works fine!

Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:19 AM
  • You can find MUI packs as Windows Vista Extras in Windows Update.

Good luck

Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

I use a Windows Vista Enterprise English and I don't find the Vista Extras in Windows Update to download MUI ?

Steve

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:48 PM
  • Check optional updates, they should be there.

Good luck

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:06 PM
  • I see no such link (optional updates) when I use Windows Update with my Enterprise. Is there an optional way to collect the MUI?
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:24 PM
  • I can't find it either. I tried going to control panel / check for updates. I have checked "install recommended updates". Why can't I see the MUI package for swedish?

Regards
    Dennis

Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:55 PM
  • And I can't find MUIs either. I'm running a 32-bit swedish Vista Ultimate OEM and I can't find the English MUI either through Ultimate Extras or Windows Update. There is no link for optional updates.

Is the problem that we're running OEM versions?
    Or have MUIs been disabled at Windows Update? I have been checking since April 18, 2007...
    Saturday, April 21, 2007 5:29 PM
  • I'm currently setting up a new machine (Vista Ultimate) and in the first deluge of updates the optional language packs were all present. So it's not a completely global issue. I'm no expert but you might try "view update history" if its ever tried to install the language packs and failed. And you might try "restore hidden updates" to see if for some bizarre reason the language packs are on the "I don't care about these" list.  One thing I am seeing is that for some reason these language packs take a bizarre lenght of time to install (after the download, even).  Like 10 minutes per. Nothing else is slow or impeded on the machine. Maybe it's trying too hard to play nice and low-pri.
    Saturday, April 28, 2007 7:19 PM
  • After many retries the MUIs appeared in the listing of available updates. I don't know what triggered that they suddenly appeared. I even reconsidered to reinstall Vista from scratch, but one day they appeared.

I'm running a Swedish OEM version of Vista Ultimate originally installed by Dell.

One thing to double-check is that you have pressed the "Check for updates" link in the left frame of the Windows Update page.

In order to view the MUIs once they have appeared is to run Windows Update and press "View available updates". One MUI seems to be 100 MB so it takes some time to download. The MUIs available are:
    • Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R)
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • English
    • Finnish
    • French
    • German
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Norweigan
    • Portuguese (Brazil)
    • Russian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish
    At the same time the MUIs appeared, the Windows DreamScene Preview showed up as a Windows Ultimate Extra. I don't know if anything changed at the Windows Update site, if I hadn't registreded my Vista or if I had forgot to press the "Check for updates" link all those times. Anyway, now I'm rocking with the English language pack, although I hoped that the Swedish original should have been completely "hidden".

So I hope that you all will find a way forward on this issue as well, good luck and take care :-)
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:09 AM
  • Hello all,

I have the exact same problem, tried dozens of time to do everything mentioned here (even elsewhere, like Microsoft's own website) but nothing changed : I still can't get MUI to be listed in available updates.

Actually, i can't even check other updates, like I only can see important ones and that is...

Can someone try to look at this issue in MS team ? It is a very important issue  for most os foreign administrators willing to deploy Vista efficiently.

Regards.

Monday, July 2, 2007 11:07 AM
  • For Windows Ultimate, the MUI packages should be accesible through the Windows Ultimate Extras, that are linked in left menu of the Windows Update. They should be an optional update. (If not, do you have your machine joined to a domain with group policies set?)

However, in a Vista Enterprise, the deployment is different. You can check the "Windows Vista Multilingual User Interface Step by Step Guide.doc" from the deployment guides for IT professionals http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=311f4be8-9983-4ab0-9685-f1bfec1e7d62&DisplayLang=en

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:11 PM
  •  

Monday, January 14, 2008 3:00 AM
  •  Tommy M wrote:
    After many retries the MUIs appeared in the listing of available updates. I don't know what triggered that they suddenly appeared. I even reconsidered to reinstall Vista from scratch, but one day they appeared.

I'm running a Swedish OEM version of Vista Ultimate originally installed by Dell.

One thing to double-check is that you have pressed the "Check for updates" link in the left frame of the Windows Update page.

In order to view the MUIs once they have appeared is to run Windows Update and press "View available updates". One MUI seems to be 100 MB so it takes some time to download. The MUIs available are:
    • Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R)
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • English
    • Finnish
    • French
    • German
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Norweigan
    • Portuguese (Brazil)
    • Russian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish
    At the same time the MUIs appeared, the Windows DreamScene Preview showed up as a Windows Ultimate Extra. I don't know if anything changed at the Windows Update site, if I hadn't registreded my Vista or if I had forgot to press the "Check for updates" link all those times. Anyway, now I'm rocking with the English language pack, although I hoped that the Swedish original should have been completely "hidden".

So I hope that you all will find a way forward on this issue as well, good luck and take care :-)
    Monday, January 14, 2008 3:04 AM
  • James, you shoudl really call Microsoft. They provide sevices in your language and will tell you where you can go to get this. You may also want to try calling Danny at C.Robertson in your area by calling (902) 423-9386, (they're local calling to you).

These guys are pretty honest and up to speed on these things.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:07 AM
  •  

Hey.

There are some solutions for this problem?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:16 PM
  • The only guides I've managed to find about Vista Enterprise MUI deal with creating an installation media with multiple languages. Now does this mean that there is no way to add the MUI packages post-install?

And no, they are not available via Windows Update there are no Optional updates available for Enterprise users, just Ultimate users. There is an option to import the MUI files but so far I've had no luck finding out how to create a file from the MUI package that the installer would accept...

Sunday, June 1, 2008 9:54 PM
  • Here is a suggestion; I have Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007.  I was unable to retrieve some updates after reinstalling Vista.  I knew the updates were available but did not receive them through automatic updates.  Vista and Office 2007 were validated through Microsoft's Genuine Advantage, but this was done through the automatic update site.  I went to this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/Default.aspx?displaylang=en

and proceeded to confirm the genuine advantage through that site.  After completing the genuine advantage through that site, the missing downloads appeared and I was able to get the updates that I previously did not.

Hope this helps, if not at least it was worth a try.  Wink

Shawn

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 9:07 PM
  • Very helpful, but it didn't work on my beacuse I have the business edition.  I have found a forum with the actual download individually.  Let me know to send you the path.  Thanks you.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:31 AM
  • I downloaded and installed,but then i can't find ed in dialog box,it says no files.Then i tried to extract with -F,and says again no files found! Everything i thing is correct ,but no result.Any suggestion?

Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:53 PM
  • You might have to click on "see all updates" to the left and refresh in order to have the "extras" appear.  Also, make sure your enterprise install included all features and was not a slip-streamed or customized enterprise distribution.  The MUI pack works great, though it takes quite a while to completely download and install - ca. 50 minutes.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 9:23 AM
  • Alex,

This was a long time ago, but do you still have the link for downloading individual MUI packs? I'm interested in the French MUI for Vista and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:45 PM