none
Problem with linked mailbox

Question

• Situation: Domain:A and Domain:B

Server 1: Win2012 + Exchange2013 + Domain A

Server 2: Win2012R2 + Domain B

user victor@domainA has mailbox now the same user victor@domainB wonts to use in one logon the both.

so he wants to choise from wich account he sends email.

I tried to make a linked mailbox but I got this error: The value "victor@prinfotech.com" of property "UserPrincipalName" is used by another recipient object "". Please specify a unique value.

What went wrong.

Monday, January 4, 2016 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Prinfo,

Linked mailboxes are used in situations where there is mailbox on one side and only account(without mailbox) on other. You can't have linked mailbox with mailboxes on both sides attached.

Try giving SendAs rights to user victor@domainA on mailbox victor@domainB. Then try sending email from victor@domainA outlook profile as victor@domainB.

If this doesn't work.

Try adding victor@domainB as a smtp alias to victor@domainA mailbox. (This will allow sending emails as @domainB, but you need to setup appropriate connectors\configurations to avoid the email been treated as spam by others)

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:52 AM

All replies

• Use two separate accounts and two separate Outlook profiles, or use Outlook for one mailbox and OWA for the other.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:35 AM
  • Hi Prinfo,

Linked mailboxes are used in situations where there is mailbox on one side and only account(without mailbox) on other. You can't have linked mailbox with mailboxes on both sides attached.

Try giving SendAs rights to user victor@domainA on mailbox victor@domainB. Then try sending email from victor@domainA outlook profile as victor@domainB.

If this doesn't work.

Try adding victor@domainB as a smtp alias to victor@domainA mailbox. (This will allow sending emails as @domainB, but you need to setup appropriate connectors\configurations to avoid the email been treated as spam by others)

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:52 AM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Was the information provided in previous reply helpful to you? Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 25, 2016 3:09 AM