Strange Problem After Last Update (KB 925902) RRS feed

• Question

• After installing the last update on Windows Update (WU), I ran into a weird situation. At first I couldn't even install the security update and was getting an error code of 80070002.

I then tried to fix as per MS instructions which seems to cause another strange condition. Windows Update now tells me: "Restart your computer to finish installing important updates".

No matter how many times I have tried restarting, WU still gives me this message with the usual windows popping up telling me to restart to finish installing the update. I think that this will also keep WU from working correctly.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Is there a file that I can delete that is telling WU that I never restarted the PC?

By the way, I was finally able to install KB 925902 manually but it didn't change the problem with WU wanting me to reboot.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 10:49 PM

All replies

• What operating system and version

Also for information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

• Edited by Sabrina Shen Friday, April 6, 2012 3:36 AM PCSafety Center update
    Monday, April 9, 2007 1:47 PM
  • Oh sorry,

I am running Vista Ultimate x86. build 6000.

The update is installed but I still get the restart reminder.... 

Thursday, April 12, 2007 4:10 AM