Upgrade App-v 5 to App-v 5.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

MDOP 2013 came out last week.  Any body had the opportunity of upgrading their App-v 5 to App-v 5.1?  If so please share your experience and the documentation link you used towards the upgrade.

I am running App-v 5.0 in a lab environment and would like to upgrade to App-v 5.1 to test new features in MDOP 2013.  Appreciate your input on the above.

Ram

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Nothing to it really.

If using Management Server, upgrade DB first - which the installer tells you.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:31 AM
  • Thanks

I am running all in ONE server (DB, MS & PS).  Will perform the upgrade and see how it goes. 

What will happen to the apps that are already published?  I am new to App-v. 

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:40 AM
  • Hello,

Nothing

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:57 AM
  • Did I miss something?  I searched online for AppV 5.1, and can't find anything about it...  is there a write up / changelog / some information somewhere?
    Monday, April 15, 2013 1:31 PM
  • Hello,

You mean like this?

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn144768.aspx

Monday, April 15, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Did I miss something?  I searched online for AppV 5.1, and can't find anything about it...  is there a write up / changelog / some information somewhere?
    It's not actually App-V 5.1, it's App-V 5 SP1 (version number is 5.0.1104.0)

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, April 15, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Ah ok, thanks to both of you... I knew about SP1.  Thought I had missed something major...
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:29 PM
  • Upgraded today. App-V 5.0 to 5.0 SP1  Server and client.  No issues to report.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 9:51 PM