none
Manage My Resource Alerts and Reminders RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I  installed a new Project Server 2013. I integrate the Project Server 2013 with Exchange and Active Directory and i can see in the resource center all the employees and they can recieve notifications about new task or pending task, so far so good.

When i select "Manage My Resources Alerts and Reminders" i expect to get notifications about "My Team Members Task" or "My Resource Status Report".

I select all the options in there but no notifications are in my email inbox or any other Project Manager.

I try to assign in the "Default Assignment Owner" for my team, the Manager but nothing happens.

What more i need, to get this feature working?

Kind Regards

Salu2 ______________ DvS is ילד חכם

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:47 PM

All replies

• Since you say that the team members can receive other notiyifactions, I will assume that the SMTP settings have been set correctly.

For the "My Resources..", in the "Tasks", context, My resources means the team members of the project that you own. Do you actually own the projects that you are expecting reminders on?

Likewise, For the "Status Reports" context, My Resources means any resource you have requested a status report from.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, December 30, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Hi,

As Prasana had ritely pointed out what may could be the reason you are unable to receive any reminder email notifications.

You can go through this technet article to understand how group/categories/RBSwork together to define resource relation with each other based on your organization structure. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197354.aspx#section5

based on RBS configuration, project server will be able to determine project teams and project managers and reminder notification will work.

Also no need to change default assignment owner, as it refers to the resource who owns an assignment to perform.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:01 AM