winfax PRO vs vista RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to install WinFAx 10 PRO with vista I get s warning that this program is incompatible with vista. How can I solve this and use winfax, as it is 100 times than the windows fax?

I need urgently an answer!

Thanks - Christos

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, August 29, 2011 5:56 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Application Compatibility Toolkit)
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:26 AM

Answers

• After weeks of investigation I threw the winfax in the bin and downloaded the free version of Active-Fax. Especially if you have ISDN modem, as I do, this software is far better.

You can download it here http://www.actfax.com/en/download.html.

The license for one user is free and the key to enter during installation is 10025-49480

And the best of everything is that when you customize the software and you want to keep the settings in case you want to format your drive or install it on another computer, you copy all files of C:\Program Files\ActiveFax to the same location in your new computer and reinstall. All your settings and faxes are preserved.

You owe me one, because it took me weeks of frustration till I find this software.

Regards,

Christos

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:53 AM

All replies

• I am sorry to till you, there is no way to use WinFax Pro with Vista. but you can uninstall Vista through it in the ben and reinstall XP as exactly I have done.
    Sunday, May 27, 2007 6:29 AM
  • How do you install the xp on a vista programmed laptop? Do you have to uninstall the vista first?
    Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:59 PM
  •  entropy1963 wrote:

When I try to install WinFAx 10 PRO with vista I get s warning that this program is incompatible with vista. How can I solve this and use winfax, as it is 100 times than the windows fax?

I need urgently an answer!

Thanks - Christos

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:19 PM
  • will winfax enable me to do a "fax merge" in word?  I can do an email merge, but word 2003 in not setup to do fax merges.  any help?
    Monday, June 25, 2007 9:19 PM
  • Christos:  I am in the same boat as you. Is there software available to install WinFax 10 Pro?.  I really miss it.  Thanks for any help. Joe
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:49 PM
  • HI Christos,

i just install Vista and got the same problem with u while install winfax pro. any tips on how to solve the problem??

Friday, April 25, 2008 2:33 PM
  • After weeks of investigation I threw the winfax in the bin and downloaded the free version of Active-Fax. Especially if you have ISDN modem, as I do, this software is far better.

You can download it here http://www.actfax.com/en/download.html.

The license for one user is free and the key to enter during installation is 10025-49480

And the best of everything is that when you customize the software and you want to keep the settings in case you want to format your drive or install it on another computer, you copy all files of C:\Program Files\ActiveFax to the same location in your new computer and reinstall. All your settings and faxes are preserved.

You owe me one, because it took me weeks of frustration till I find this software.

Regards,

Christos

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:53 AM
  • Woowooo

I searched for quite a while before I found this post.
    Works well

Thanks Christos
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:12 PM
  • i do not how to thank you

really you solved a problem

i was searching for its resolve for months

really thank you alot alot

with regards

Thursday, October 2, 2008 9:07 AM
  • Has anyone found a way to import faxes from Talk Works Pro into ActFax server or some other program. I am finding it be very difficult. Please help.

Oh, and for those of you who decided to use ActFax, have you disabled a lot of features?

Thanks
    Nick
    Monday, November 3, 2008 4:13 AM
  • what about printing as pdf and share in folder? as last resort?

or run theactfax server in virtual pc XP VM to provide access?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:51 PM
  • Christo, how must I type the fax number in the dial box? The fax is from Greece to Greece, f.i. 00302109999999 or +30... or 2109999999 ? Thanks!
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:52 PM
  • Right click on winfax icon on systemtray ->Programm Setup -> Diling and Locations
    Go on tab Locations
    At Locations field choose: dial as entered
    Don' t forget to uncheck "Wait for dialtone" everywhere. There are not dial tone in Greece.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:37 PM
  • The key to enter is now 4 sets of numbers.  Does anyone have the new set of numbers?
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 5:18 PM
  • Hi Twinpea,

Were You able to get the new set of numbers? Thanks

Friday, February 4, 2011 11:18 AM