WMDC not launching... RRS feed

• Question

•  In regards to Windows 7RC. The computer is a dual boot Vista, and WMDC works fine booted to Vista. I always get the splash screen that says please wait while WMDC is loading( may not be exact wording as the computer is at home). And that is all.  It never actually launches. Uninstalled and reinstalled WMDC without any luck.  Anyone have a fix for this?
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:26 PM

Answers

• Greetings engineer983!   Welcome to the Windows 7 Application Compatibility forums 

Try to launch WMDC manually from Start...Programs and then the splash screen will not appear. WMDC reads 'Connecting' for a few minutes and then reads 'connected'.

On the Other front to give you more details: Windows Mobile Device Center(WMDC) uses the USB interface provided by WinUSB to communicate with Windows CE or Windows Mobile devices over a USB connection.  Wceusbsh.sys is not included in Windows Vista.

Microsoft recommends that application developers use the APIs provided by WinUSB for communication with Windows CE or Windows Mobile devices from computers running Windows Vista. The WinUSB interface is provided by WinUSB.dll and WinUSB.sys, which are components of Microsoft Windows Vista.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
    Harish

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:19 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:56 PM

All replies

• Greetings engineer983!   Welcome to the Windows 7 Application Compatibility forums 

Try to launch WMDC manually from Start...Programs and then the splash screen will not appear. WMDC reads 'Connecting' for a few minutes and then reads 'connected'.

On the Other front to give you more details: Windows Mobile Device Center(WMDC) uses the USB interface provided by WinUSB to communicate with Windows CE or Windows Mobile devices over a USB connection.  Wceusbsh.sys is not included in Windows Vista.

Microsoft recommends that application developers use the APIs provided by WinUSB for communication with Windows CE or Windows Mobile devices from computers running Windows Vista. The WinUSB interface is provided by WinUSB.dll and WinUSB.sys, which are components of Microsoft Windows Vista.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
    Harish

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:19 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:56 PM
  • It still does the same thing.  I select the program and the splash screens just sits there telling me to please wait.  I did not investigate the usb portion.  I just tried to open it without my phone attached.  Not sure if that would make a difference.  Thanks for your help though.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:16 PM