Permissions in Scorecards RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in PPS Dashboard Designer it's possible to set up user permissions.

It works, but it only hides the text in scorecard cells (KPI name and actuals etc..).

It should hide the whole row if user is not priviledged to see it. Is there a work-a-round for this? it really does not work in the way it should.  I don't see the option to build several dashboards for each user... Dashboards are published to MOSS.

Br, 

Eeva

Friday, August 7, 2009 1:46 PM

All replies

• Have you taken a look at this:

Hiding Empty Rows in a Scorecard - Code Sample

Imagine you have a scorecard that is used by different organizations in your company. Depending on the level of access employees in different organizations have to the cube they may see no "Actual" value for some of the rows in the scorecard. If you have many rows in your scorecard employees may see a lot of these empty rows.  This makes it difficult for them to find the rows they need.

One way to solve this problem is to create different scorecards for different organization. This solution works but you have to create and maintain many scorecards. The other solution is to writing a Custom Grid View Transform that automatically hides all empty rows in a scorecard.

For some reason I thought this was implemented in a hotfix or SP, but I can't seem to find the information, so I must be getting this confused with a different feature.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:54 PM
  • I must take some of m my words back.. because now for some reason permissions do not apply anymore. I was wondering if some one of you has experience of setting up permission for dashboard like this?

In our system we have 2 AD groups, let's call them Group A and Group B.
    Both groups should have a different view to same scorecard.

The scorecard has 5 KPI's in treeview.

Actuals Budget
    -------------------------------
    KPI 1         xxx xxx
          KPI2    xxx xxx
          KPI3    xxx xxx

KPI 4         xxx xxx
          KPI5    xxx xxx

Group A should see only KPI1, KPI2 and KPI3
    Group B should see only KPI4  and KPI5

what are the steps to make this work?

I have noticed if the user/group has rights to only few of the KPI's of the scorecard, it will give following error message:

"There is a problem with this scorecard. Please verify that the scorecard and all dependent items have been published correctly and that you have adequate permissions to view them. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator."

I appreciate all help I receive.

Br, Eeva

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:20 AM