SSRS 2005 adding color indicator to table RRS feed

• Question

•  I am using SSRS 2005 that do not have indicators. I am thinking of using colors to highlight a table field if the value is outside of the specific range. can this be done and how? Thanks

Monday, May 13, 2013 7:51 PM

Answers

• You are welcome. Please mark as answer if it solved your issues so others may easily find it when they have the same problem.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

• Marked as answer by u242532 Monday, May 13, 2013 9:23 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 8:31 PM

All replies

•  I am using SSRS 2005 that do not have indicators. I am thinking of using colors to highlight a table field if the value is outside of the specific range. can this be done and how? Thanks

Select the cell and edit the back-ground color. The value field in properties will have a dropdown arrow. click the arrow and select expression. Now enter a formula that changes background color appropriately. For instance, suppose I have a table cell that displays a students grade based on percentage. I want the field to display Pink when the grade is less than 60, Pale Golden Rod when between 60 and 70, and Light Green when 70 or greater. I would enter the following formula into expression builder for the cell's background color:

=Switch(Fields!StudentGrade.Value<60,"Pink",Fields!StudentGrade.Value>=60 And Fields!StudentGrade.Value<70, "PaleGoldenRod", Fields!StudentGrade.Value>=70, "Light Green")

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

• Edited by Tim Pacl Monday, May 13, 2013 8:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Pacl Monday, May 13, 2013 8:31 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Thanks so much.
    Monday, May 13, 2013 8:05 PM
  • You are welcome. Please mark as answer if it solved your issues so others may easily find it when they have the same problem.

• Marked as answer by u242532 Monday, May 13, 2013 9:23 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 8:31 PM