manually organize files in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone! I have been working with Windows 7 (Ultimate 64 bit) for a little bit and cannot sem to get past the fact that I cannot drag and drop my files where i want them to be within the same folder. I am wondering why I cannot organize my files by any means besides by name, date, size, etc.

I know there are many people who are upset about this (what I thought to be a no-brainer feature), so I am also wondering why Microsoft decided to deny its customers the control to organize their files the way that they want. I don't want to add my files to a library to somehow get them to organize differently (again, not by name, size, date, etc).

I think that this feature alone is making me want to go back to Vista.  This is really the only bad experience I have had with Windows 7, so if the good people at Microsoft could make a patch or something that can be downloaded from, say, Windows Update that would allow this feature, I know a lot more people would be happy.

So if anyone has any information to give me on this subject, i will be eternally greatflul! thank you all!

-hikomarukun
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:25 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure why this was removed. With the new longhorn aero arranging icons where you want sometimes  caused explorer to freeze or crash in large folders. Smaller folders no problem. How to improve performance? Somone's solution may have been to remove the feature that performed poorly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_in_Windows_7
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:56 AM