none
Reporting a history of file size changes, by whatever granularity possible. RRS feed

• Question

• We need to look at a set of data from the DPM 2008 reporting services/database, if it is available, to report on the history of file/disk sizes of the backed up data over the previous year, or X time slice.

We are trying to see any times when the server owners may have deleted unusual amounts of data by seeing a dip in the sizes of full backups, or reduction in the size of a recovery point. If we could see the changes in size at a file and database level that would be the icing on top.

I haven't been able to find this data exploring the database or within the SSRS reports. I also read the limited information about the canned reporting views, Disk Trend seems to only report the current and previous sizes for the current or most recent backup, not giving me the needed data. I also loaded up the community DPM Backup Summary Report and didn't see anything similar to what I'm looking for, and I'm starting to wonder, is this possible?

Environment: 3 DPM servers, all with their own: Data Protection Manager 2008, Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 Databases, SQL Server Reporting Services (DB and reporting running locally)

My goal is to be able to export the data to excel or have a SQL query that I can export data to Power BI or excel for pivoting and charts and slicing and all that fun stuff.

Any help here is greatly appreciated!

Saturday, August 4, 2018 12:46 AM

Answers

• House cleaning - closing

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 13, 2019 11:53 PM