none
"Change would modify work entered by a team member." RRS feed

• Question

• We're using ProjectServer 2013. The server is on the April 2013 CU. The clients are July CU. We've recently seen a lot of errors when adding or modifying assignments in Project Pro. The error is the standard protected actuals error and we are using protected actuals.

"Change would modify work entered by a team member

We can't make that change because Project Web App is set to only allow actual work to be entered by team members through Timesheets or My Work."

This happens with brand new assignments or changing finish dates on existing assignments but not to dates that would invalidate protected actuals. Additionally, sometimes switching from Auto to Manually scheduled or vice versa makes the error go away, but not always.

Is this a known issue anyone is aware of?

-Jon

Friday, August 8, 2014 8:40 PM

All replies

• Hi jon,

I could see that the July 2014 CU fixes a lot of bugs. I don't know if yours is included, but it is worth trying.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, August 8, 2014 8:58 PM
  • Hi jon,

I could see that the July 2014 CU fixes a lot of bugs. I don't know if yours is included, but it is worth trying.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thanks. Unfortunately our clients are on the July CU and this should be a client side issue as the check is happening completely within the client (it's not during a save, open, or publish activity). In fact, it seems this behavior started occurring around the same time as our deployment of the July CU.
    Friday, August 8, 2014 9:08 PM