OCS 2007 R2 Assesment RRS feed

• Question

• I have to start working on a project where in we are moving the users from OCS 2007 R2 to Lync Server 2010. I have to start with the OCS 2007 R2 assesment. I am not sure if there is any tool available to help me do that. Also, the customer is using all the features of OCS 2007 R e.g - Chat Server, Archiving and Monitoring, CWA, Mediation Server, Edge Server.

I will really appreciate if anyone can please share the tool(s) and also if possible share the list of questions I need to ask from the customer.

Thanks and Regards

Monday, February 6, 2012 9:10 AM

Answers

• So u should know all policies and settings from the customer, right?

There is a command in Lync Power Shell

Import-CsLegacyConfiguration

but only after including OCS 2007 R2 in Lync topology.

About questions:
    1. What OCS Roles do they use.

2. Domain Topology

3. Externat Access (do they have TMG?)

• Edited by Alexey Filatov Monday, February 6, 2012 12:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:26 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Hi,hp.harpreet,

You can use LCScmd.exe to backup and export OCS setting and I think OCS Best Practise Analyze tool will also help you understand the customer's OCS environment more clearly.Here is some information about OCS backup for your reference http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572905(office.13).aspx.

Regarding the list of questions,I think A_Filatov has give the key points for you,and you can add some more question according to the BPA results or something else you considered.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, February 13, 2012 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:36 AM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Alexey Filatov Monday, February 6, 2012 10:28 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Thanks for the information. I have gone through this document. It only tells about the migration approach.

My scenario is that I have very limited (almost null) information about the customer's OCS 2007 R2 environment. I need to send some questionaire to them to extract as much information as possible.

I am looking for that list of questions.

Monday, February 6, 2012 11:24 AM
  • So u should know all policies and settings from the customer, right?

There is a command in Lync Power Shell

Import-CsLegacyConfiguration

but only after including OCS 2007 R2 in Lync topology.

About questions:
    1. What OCS Roles do they use.

2. Domain Topology

3. Externat Access (do they have TMG?)

• Edited by Alexey Filatov Monday, February 6, 2012 12:18 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Hi,hp.harpreet,

You can use LCScmd.exe to backup and export OCS setting and I think OCS Best Practise Analyze tool will also help you understand the customer's OCS environment more clearly.Here is some information about OCS backup for your reference http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572905(office.13).aspx.

Regarding the list of questions,I think A_Filatov has give the key points for you,and you can add some more question according to the BPA results or something else you considered.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, February 13, 2012 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:36 AM