windows vista has black screen after downloading and while installing updates from microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• Last night i clicked download new updates.....then while installing my screen went black it never restarted...... i tried turning on PC (Toshiba Satellite A200/A205 Windows Vista  Home Premiun 32-bit and IE 8 on it. black screen, i tried placing Recovery disk in but still black screen......HELP!!!!!
    • Changed type deliteful_dream Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:22 PM nothing to do with windows 7
    • Moved by Nicholas LiModerator Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:43 AM focus (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:21 PM

Answers

• ok Finally!!!!!!  i looked around at saw where someone said do a Hard shut-down ( pressing on/off button for at least 10 seconds) I waited til stand by light went off then turned it back on..it loaded in safe mode and went back to restore point of 1/12/2010 just before microsoft update. and everything is running smoothly now. I highly suggest Everyone go to microsoft and look at what they are updating before clicking update......if You see others are having problems DO NOT download. 
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:31 PM

All replies

• What happens if you completely reboot the machine? If you turn it off and back on. Does it start to load Vista, or does it not even get that far. If not, you can try changing the settings in your BIOS to boot from CD/DVD and try the Repair Startup from the Vista DVD. 

If it does, you can try pressing F8 before Vista starts to bring up the menu and boot into Safe Mode and run System Restore and restore to before the update was done. 

Dustin Harper dharper@mstechpages.com http://www.mstechpages.com --- Windows Help and Support Page
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

Considering this is a Windows Vista related issue, I will move it to Windows Vista forum.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:42 AM
  • i have tried turning my PC off, and it is like it goes into stand by mode, does not respond to touch pad.i placed CD/DVD (Recovery and Applications/Drivers Satellite A200/A205 series Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit disk) in and still black screen.also can not bring up anything,it is just a black screen.My light is showing it is plugged up and power on and battery low now that it has been like this for days.
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:04 PM
  • ok Finally!!!!!!  i looked around at saw where someone said do a Hard shut-down ( pressing on/off button for at least 10 seconds) I waited til stand by light went off then turned it back on..it loaded in safe mode and went back to restore point of 1/12/2010 just before microsoft update. and everything is running smoothly now. I highly suggest Everyone go to microsoft and look at what they are updating before clicking update......if You see others are having problems DO NOT download. 
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:31 PM