none
Can't assign a delegate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a user (person A) who left for an extended period of time without assigning a delegate for his timesheets so it's up to me to assign a delegate on his behalf.  I have the Manage Delegate option as I'm the admin and I'm able to set a delegation period, and set the delegate (person B), but for the very last option "Working on behalf of", the only person I can select is myself.  The user (person A) that needs a delegate is a Team Member and I verified that they have the "Can be a delegate" permission checked.  Also, all global permissions for this are enabled (by default).  Even when I make him part of the Admin group and give him every permission possible (like myself), he's still not an option in the "Working on behalf of" selection.

Thoroughly confused as I even went through MS's steps:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project/archive/2010/03/19/project-2010-introducing-delegates.aspx

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Andre

Monday, September 30, 2013 9:40 PM

Answers

• Figured it out...I checked/changed the permissions for the User, the Groups involved and the Project Web App Permissions, but didn't realize I needed to make a change to the My Organization permissions for Administrators for Manage Categories.  Quite ridiculous that you'd have to make changes in 4 separate areas for this to work!

Andre

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:29 PM