SCCM reports not working [An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)] RRS feed

• Question

• The SCCM reports are not working after I recently changed the password for the "ConfigMgr Reporting Services Point" account.

I did update the newly reset password in the accounts node in SCCM console, and also in the "execution account" under Reporting Services Configuration.

Later, I browsed the internet and found that the password has to be changed under "5C6358F2_4BB6_4a1b_A16E_8D96795D8602" dataset. After updating the password, it worked for some time and again we are back to the same error.

SCCM reports stopped working with the following error:

• An error has occurred during report processing.
      (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot impersonate user for data source
        'AutoGen__5C6358F2_4BB6_4a1b_A16E_8D96795D8602_'. (rsErrorImpersonatingUser)
        • Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are
          correct. (rsLogonFailed)
          • For more information about this error navigate to
            the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
    Monday, July 27, 2015 8:08 PM

Answers

• Thanks Garth, Step 1 is what we usually do whenever we rotate the password for the service accounts which normally worked.

I don't know what really got messed up this time.

But I was able to get the reports working and all I did is restarted the SMS Executive service in the site server and it did the magic.

We've been battling with a few issues related to content distribution after we recently performed a service pack upgrade for SCCM. The content won't get updated in a few DPs and would get locked and sometime freeze the site server itself, we had to restart the exec service/restart the site server itself or remove the locked files to get things back on track. We have a case open with MS for that which is long pending.

That said, I thought the recent password change would also get resolved if I restarted the service and guess what, it did!!!

Fluke :)

• Marked as answer by Rog M Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:25 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:25 PM

All replies

• You must change the password in the CM12 console not on the website.

Remember it will take ~15 minutes for it to get reset.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Monday, July 27, 2015 8:26 PM
  • I did change the password in the SCCM console

Step 1. SCCM Server | SCCM Console | Administration | Security | Accounts | Reporting Services Point

Step 2. SQL Server | Reporting Services Configuration Manager | Execution Acount

Step 3. SQL Server | Internet Explorer | Launched reporting url home page | ConfigMGR_XX1 | {5C6358F2_4BB6_4a1b_A16E_8D96795D8602} dataset | Manage| Properties 

Please let me know if there are any other locations where i have to input the password to make it work.

I would like to add some more information;

I did the step 1 and did not perform step 2 & 3 and that's when the password got locked somehow and i had to unlock it, then i did step 1 & 2. For some reason, the reports still failed to run and then reset the password and performed step 1, 2 & 3 and the reports worked for some time. Later it stopped working. I am not sure if the account is getting locked out in the meantime or if something else is happening.

I would be happy if anyone can help fix this before it makes more noise. Thanks in advance!

Monday, July 27, 2015 9:27 PM
  • You only need to preform step 1.

Wait at least 15 minutes and unlock the account.

Step 2 is complete unrelated to steps 1 and 3.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:09 AM
  • Thanks Garth, Step 1 is what we usually do whenever we rotate the password for the service accounts which normally worked.

I don't know what really got messed up this time.

But I was able to get the reports working and all I did is restarted the SMS Executive service in the site server and it did the magic.

We've been battling with a few issues related to content distribution after we recently performed a service pack upgrade for SCCM. The content won't get updated in a few DPs and would get locked and sometime freeze the site server itself, we had to restart the exec service/restart the site server itself or remove the locked files to get things back on track. We have a case open with MS for that which is long pending.

That said, I thought the recent password change would also get resolved if I restarted the service and guess what, it did!!!

Fluke :)

• Marked as answer by Rog M Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:25 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:25 PM