How do I create a receive connector for Office 365 only? RRS feed

• Question

• In exchange online it is possible to create a receive connector that allows mail from a server with a specific certificate.

Is there any way I can do this with Exchange On-Premise? I want my On Premise server to accept mail only from Office 365 as everything flows through there first.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• This will help out get started.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn751020%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:22 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum. We can create the connector as following, and receive the public IP address of your on-premise Exchange server.

For on-premise,yes, the only way to do it is to configure your receive connectors with a list of IPs.

Addresses or IP address ranges on the network settings of the receive connector. Microsoft have published a complete list here: Exchange Online Protection IP addresses: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn163583(v=exchg.150).aspx

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Monday, January 29, 2018 11:56 AM
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. And if the replies has helped you, please help to mark as answer and it could be helpful for others.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Thank you for your suggestion. However, this is the opposite of what I'm looking for. I want to create the connector on the On Premise server. I would like the ability to set up a receive connector on the local server, so that I will only allow communication from Office 365.
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:23 AM
  • Thanks for your response and sorry for the misunderstanding.

We can create a receive connector with the O365 IP ranges:

Please refer to the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/office-365-urls-and-ip-address-ranges-8548a211-3fe7-47cb-abb1-355ea5aa88a2 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by EricR-82 Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:26 AM
    Friday, February 2, 2018 7:45 AM
  • What we have done for our customer is to change the default receive connector (using port 25) to only accept email from EOP IP ranges. Then created another connector for application relay over port 25.

Here are IP ranges for EOP you need to add to receive connector:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn163583%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Friday, February 2, 2018 7:57 AM