none
Removing the "Ease of Access" button completely in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I've spent a ton of time trying to find a solution to this problem.  I'm looking for a solution that uses GPO or regedit.  I would prefer to remove the button completely, the same way you can remove the network selection UI.  The closest "solution" I've found in surfing the web is for windows 8 (operating under the assumption it will work for windows 10), and steals ownership of utilman.exe to change permissions so that the ease of access button is rendered useless to other users.
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

It is not available to remove it from lock screen through official ways, no matter GPO or regedit or even official software. Even through some third party software would make some effect on removing it, but they will bring potential risk to your system. 

The best measure is restrict the function of ease of access to make it useless for uses. That is the one that you have know. Here is the detail command line: 

cacls %windir%\system32\utilman.exe /C /D Everyone

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 1, 2018 2:32 AM
  • They will give us what we paid for so many times again I do understand your Human frustration, Windows Infinity(duh), Must need to be human itself, not the Owner, OR, the CEO.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hello Quantum Computer. It has been awhile.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 2:46 AM
  • I apologize, I rose a tangent in accident to your answer... don't respond with what you can't, get to the meat and potatoes of advanced understanding.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 2:47 AM