set-csclientpolicy -EnableExchangeContactSync $false Doesn't work. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I execute this commandlet. After I execute get-csclientpolicy to check and I see that the value of -EnableExchangeContactSync is still $true. Identity: Global. I run set-csclientpolicy as administrator, but the value doesn't changes. What do I do wrong?
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:02 AM

Answers

• To properly operate to client policies, it's necessary to write commands with policies names as for 'get' so for 'set'. 
    set-CsClientPolicy -Identity Global -EnableExchangeContactSync $false
    get-CsClientPolicy -Identity Global

The command get-CsClientPolicy hasn't shown correct results for me and I couldn't see any changes. When executed this command ’get-CsClientPolicy -Identity Global’ I saw all changes. 

• Marked as answer by Mikhail_Sol Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried this:

Set-CsClientPolicy -Identity RedmondClientPolicy -EnableExchangeContactSync $false

RedmondClientPolicy is one of your csClientPolicy that you want to change.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 7, 2012 6:55 AM
  • For me it doesn't work. I tried this: set-csclientpolicy -Identity Global -EnableExchangeContactSync $false
    Friday, December 7, 2012 8:39 AM
  • There is no answer so far 8-(
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:56 AM
  • To properly operate to client policies, it's necessary to write commands with policies names as for 'get' so for 'set'. 
    set-CsClientPolicy -Identity Global -EnableExchangeContactSync $false
    get-CsClientPolicy -Identity Global

The command get-CsClientPolicy hasn't shown correct results for me and I couldn't see any changes. When executed this command ’get-CsClientPolicy -Identity Global’ I saw all changes. 

• Marked as answer by Mikhail_Sol Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:54 PM