Page title name corrupted when file sent to printer or creating printable file RRS feed

• Question

• At my company we provide postscript support by using PPD file and MS postscript .dll files, when using a MS Word document that has a Japanese file name or a file name that contains Latin characters with accent it fails to display properly on the printer control panel (in the case of Japanese it shows corrupted; for Latin character the character is missing the accent – it happens on Vista, XP or any other Windows OS), when creating/capturing the printable data I can see that the file name has been changed by the spooler when creating the printable data, testing my PPD file or using the windows inbox PPD based driver I get same results, this seems limitation of the postscript .dll/spooler but I need to confirm that in fact this is limitation, can anyone confirm that this is limitation (again this is just PPD based driver so no custom plug-in or .dll it is used).

Sample of the printable data:

@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT
    %!PS-Adobe-3.0
    %%Title: (Microsoft Word - \203T\203^\201[\203\223DMT\227v\213\201UC\203V\201[\203g.doc)  <-- Page title corrupted (japanese file name)

%%Creator: PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2

Thank you.

• Edited by hearmenow Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:17 PM Updated entry
    • Moved by Rong-Chun Zhang Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:20 PM seems not a dev issue (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Development)
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:15 PM