ipaq 5500 and vista RRS feed

• Question

• Have old ipaq5500 - new laptop with vista - can't get to sync with mobile device manager.  Help

Can it be done

Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:48 AM

All replies

• I loaded mine in March, 2008, using Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1.6965 from the Microsoft website. I have not been able to open PocketWord documents, so now I save all of my Word documents as Word 97/2000 Documents on my ipaq. I also was not able to get some of my older software for converting powerpoints and making ink notes (like on a paper notebook tablet) to work, so I have reverted to saving all "on the go" files as PDF's and I am able to utilize them effectively.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:17 AM
  • Yes this can be done as I have recently upgraded my Laptop which was pre-loaded with Vista.

It was simple enough as the PDA was automaticaly identified and is see by my laptop. Have you gone to the latest SW for the PDA before trying to connect & Sync it up? OH yes did you sort out the access that is if a PW is required then the Laptop and PDA will need the necessary authorisation so that this can be achieved, good luck if you have not already sorted out.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:08 AM